Saturday, June 09, 2007

Oh balls

I wrote a great long post about this person who had her self portrait nicked and used as a pr0n DVD cover, and then it vanished when I accidentally slightly nudged the left side of my laptop, which one time in three causes it to go dead instantly and without warning. This was one of those times.

But yes, it must be rather annoying, particularly as it's a very good photo, and the bird herself was only fourteen at the time, so also, ew. She's got a good website though, so even if she isn't able to sue the arse of the people what done nicked her photo, she might get some work out of it at some point.

This did all remind me though that the blue cat photo up on the right there was just something I nicked at the time. I don't even remember where it came from, but anyway, if you did take that photo, I hope you don't mind me using it, and I'd be happy to put a link up to your website, which is surely worth more that all the money in the world.

In other news, I have been staying in Scotland briefly, meeting Patroclus's gran ('Do you know anything about finance dear?'). We picked up the rental car from bay 101, were given room 101 in the hotel, and last night sat at restaurant table 101.

Spookah.



ALSO: this only really makes sense if you've seen the end of the second season of The OC. But if you have, it's v v g.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well one tip for Myspace would be to make sure your text is still readable afterwards, I've looked at many where the florid background makes the page unreadable. If your friend browses a few profiles and sees one they like, there is usually a link to the website that helped them customise their own page. Unless they're fluent in HTML, in which case "befriend" them and ask for help.

Paul Crilley said...

What about facebook? The layout looks a lot cleaner than myspace, and splendid fellows like james moran and danny stack are members. (so it must be cool.)

Paul said...

Stop. I was finally persuaded to join Facebook yesterday. It looks much nicer than MySpace, seems a damn sight easier to use and...

Oh god. I'm 34. What the fk am I doing on there?! (particularly as only about half a dozen people I know are actually on it, which sort of defeats the object)

Tim F said...

I stole my blog pic from Rene Magritte, who is dead, and over 14, and moreover Belgian, so I am not expecting any angry communications.

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but wasn't Doctor Who rather good last night, very clever, another of Stephen Moffat's and twas brilliant, these past 3 weeks of doctor who have suddenly got a lot better.

Robin Kelly said...

If you google "Myspace templates" there are lots of free ones available to choose from.

the triple T said...

Yes, off topic: I agree with everything helen said.

Whoa.

(My best friend is my html -er. --I love her --- so I don't have to worry about that stuff. Sorry!)

Jen said...

If he wants a quick way round the marvellous world of MySpace layouts, he could use this generator:

http://www.pimp-my-profile.com/generators/myspace.php

Just use the tabs to add each element; and it has a live preview as you do it. If he wants, I could make him a personalised navigation panel... I love customising stuff.

Jen said...

PS. I made my MySpace and also my mum and Dad's work-MySpace, incase you want a 'preview'...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=190808653

I heart Photoshop.

James Henry said...

These are all great, Alex is umming and ahhing as we speak.

Not seen 'Blink' yet (Saturday's Doctor Who), but am going to watch it on train down to cornwall in a bit, most excited.

kaiki said...

i have no idea what facebook is or how it works. it makes me feel about nine hundred years old, as does myspace.
this has in no way stopped me having a profile on both, because i hate being left out.
blink was genius. i actually went beyond fear at one point and dove straight into terror, where the waters are coldest.

Anonymous said...

I had an entire webpage nicked by a "Lads" car magazine, and a firm I worked for discovered that reviews from their website were being stolen and printed in a magazine on the other side of the world.

Comedians are also thieving b*stards, especially some German comedians, who think they can get away with translating US & UK comic's acts.

I now make sure I put a copyright notice on everything of mine.